Dog parks have really become a big deal. They are used daily by hundreds of families with dogs. They romp, run, play and wrestle. Sometimes, they just hang out. It often reminds me of McDonalds Play Place. Throw a bunch of random kids together and they're bound to hit it off, right? As a child, it was my favourite restaurant to eat in.
I'm eagerly counting the days until my newest family member comes home! It's been a while since my last puppy, so I'm constantly going over the things I need to get done for my new boy's arrival. It was Spa-Sunday at my house yesterday, which means all of my dogs get a light grooming and toenail trim.
We have an expression in dog training: "he's under thumb." A dog who is "under thumb," refers a dog who is only well behaved when he has no other option. One who only makes good choices due to the threat of correction.
- 7 Everyday Household Dangers for Dogs
- Stress & Calming Signals: Visual Breakdown of a Dog Bite
- 6 Totally Cheesy, but Awesome Ways to Include Your Dog in Christmas
- Holiday Dangers ALL Dog Owners Need to Know About
- Is Your Dog FAT... And How Did That Happen?
- What do you Need to Bring Home Your New Puppy?
- Tips to Keep Your Senior Dogs Happy & Healthy
- No Door Crashers! Another Simple Way to Teach Your Dog Good Manners
- When Is the Best Time of Day to Train Your Dog?
- 1 Simple Exercise to Teach Your Dog Manners